Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award Nominations













That sly fox, J.C. Loophole over on The Shelf, has handed me a Kreativ Blogger Award for some reason. My justly humble thanks, J.C. Now I have to think of ways to wriggle out of this awkward position. The following are the steps I need to take to be in this select company:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

Thank you, J.C.!

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

See that image above, please.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

You can see the post that J.C. wrote over on The Shelf here.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

Being interesting seems like hard work, so I hope I don't break a sweat here:
  • I'm a seed catalog reader especially in the winter. Burpee, Gurney's, and best of all, White Flower Farm. All so wonderful to contemplate, if pretty far out of reach horticulturally and financially. It's good to dream, even as I watch the drifting snow cover the flower beds.
  • When alone in the car and unlikely to be imposing on others, I am a closet opera fan though my grasp of Italian and German never got past the Italian 101 and German 101 stages. I only listen to the Metropolitan Opera broadcasts in the car, but anything by Puccini transports me far beyond anything powered by gasoline.
  • My favorite writer is E.B. White--not for the elegant grammatical rules set with Will Strunk necessarily, but for his thoughtful essays and especially Stuart Little.
  • If I could travel through time, the studio era might be one of my first choices for a visit with Mr. Peabody, but the department I'd like to toil in during the height of the dream factory's output, it would have to be in the art department, working for Anton Grot or William Cameron Menzies.
  • I would like to participate in a mini-marathon, just once. Not to win, certainly, but just to finish. This desire fades noticeably when I start to jog half a block. I think I'd be better at taking part in one of those iron woman competitions, as long as I could just do the swimming part and let other, more nimble competitors bike and run.
  • I spent too many years trying to get a crop of wildly curly red hair under control. If you put poker chips over my eyes when my hair is in full flower, you couldn't tell the difference between me and Little Orphan Annie. I've now given up on that dream of flowing, straight locks, just as the silver starts to appear on my noggin. I suppose this means that soon I can dress as Medusa for Halloween. No more poker chips needed.
  • I'd like to live two lives. One could spend a lifetime reading, watching movies, and learning. The other could go out and beat the bushes for a buck. Blending these two lives doesn't look likely.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

1. Mark at Where Danger Lives
2. Laura at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings
3. Farran at Self-Styled Siren
4. Robert at Seraphic Secret
5. TJB at Stirred, Straight Up, With a Twist
6. Shahn at Six Martinis and the Seventh Art
7. Caitlin at Fire and Music

These bloggers were chosen--not because I agree with everything they write--but because they write with such style, verve and ardor. I learn from their knowledge, eloquence, and concisely expressed thoughts each and every time I peruse their well chosen words and elegantly appointed blogs. My thanks to each of them for sharing their joy in seeing films.

6. I'm not sure why, but there is no number 6 listed.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

4 comments :

shahn said...

Well golly, thank you so much!
I'm delighted to be included in such esteemed company.

I am an extremely busy lady these days, but I will try to earn my award by honoring the rules.

Thank you again!

TJB said...

Oh, you saucy minx! I detest memes, but how can I be churlish in the face of such an honor? I'll let you know when I finish toiling on my entry. Thanks for the tag, and the kind words about SSUWAT!

Mark said...

Hi Moira,
Thanks so much - I'm really honored and appreciate that you thought of me! Hopefully I can make my blog better in the months and years to come -- and possibly get back to posting with some regularity.
Thanks again, best wishes,
Mark

Princess Fire and Music said...

Thank you so much, Moira! I'm humbled and very grateful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails